Thursday 20 February 2020

Interview Alicia Franck (EN)

Interview Alicia Franck

The cyclocross season is almost finished. In women cyclocross there were many exciting races and unpredictable results. Today, we would like to talk to a cyclocross rider that competed in these races. Belgian rider Alicia Franck finished this season 8th on the European championship, won 3 races and had many other good results as well. How does she look back at the past season?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor alicia franck

What do you think about the past season?

I'm very statisfied. I could ride a complete season for the first time. I performed on a steady level and I even improved towards the end of the season.

3 victories and 16 top 10 spots. Is this the season of your breakthrough?

It was a good season and hopefully it's the start of many more beautiful years. But I stay ambitious, next year I want to perform even better again.

What are your favourite kind of parcours?

The heavier tracks like on the Koppenberg, in Overijse, Tabor and Gavere,... I really like it. This season, I also enjoyed riding in Hoogherheide, Middelkerke and Hulst.

What are your ambitions for next season?

Continue the growth of this season. I want to target top 10 or top 15 spots in World Cup races and perform better in other races as well. My victory in Otegem is promising as well.

 

What are your plans for the coming months?

Firstly, I will take some rest and build up my base condition after. During the Summer, I want to take part in road races and maybe some MTB races as well to be fit for the next cyclocross season.

What are your hobbies apart from cycling?

I can enjoy many things. During the rest break, I will have more time to read, to go out eating and do nice things together with family.

How did you start in cyclocross?

I've done mountainbiking before. During the Winter break I wanted to try cyclocross for fun and because of interest. I've won immediatly my first race and so I quickly enjoyed cyclocross. That was in January 2016

Who where your idols in cyclocross/cycling in the past?

Gunn Rita Dahle (mountainbike racer) and Marianne Vos (road racing)

No comments:

Post a Comment