Thursday 14 May 2020

Interview : Aude Biannic (EN)

Interview Aude Biannic

Olympic Athlete, 10th on the Worldchampionships and French champion. Aude Biannic is 29 years but she's already one of the best French riders for almost 10 years. Her best years only started so there is still a lot to come. This year she already finished 10th in Omloop Het Nieuwsblad and 6th in Le Samyn. Can she continue her strong form again when the season starts again?

2019 women's Ronde van Vlaanderen | Movistar Team 

 

You had a strong start of the season. What have been the ambitions for the other cobble classics like Ghent – Wevelgem and the Tour of Flanders for example?

My ambtions for the other classics were to make it to the top 10 in all of them, with as main goal the Tour of Flanders.


This year, the first Paris-Roubaix for women will be organized. Are you happy?

Yes, I'm very happy to see a Paris-Roubaix for women. One of the most beautiful cobble classics will be added to our calendar.


Would you like to see a Milan – Sanremo or a Tour of Lombardy for women too, or it's not so important for you?

For me Milan – Sanremo and Lombardy aren't going to be really important. They are not really races for my profile. They are more suitable for the puncheurs

You're 29 years old. Usually it's one of the strongest years for cyclists. What are your ambitions for this year and the next years?

My ambitions for this year and the next years is making progress in the world ranking. I've made it to the top 10 but the goal is to make it to the podium in a World Tour race and to win a category 1.1 race.

You took part at the worldchampionships and the Olympic Games. Has it been a honour to represent your country?

It's always a pleasure for me to defend the colours of my country. I always gave my maximum in all races under the French colours. It's a honour to be in the French team.

What are your favourite races?

My favourite races are Tour of Flanders and Strade Bianche

There are many cyclists and fans that would like to have a first Tour de France for women. What is your opinion on the subject?

The ladies Tour de France will be a big window for women cycling. For men, it's THE stage race of the year and I think it will be the same for us too.

You've been French champion in 2018. How was the year in the national colours?

The national champions' jersey gave me a boost in self confidencee and it gave me freedom in the races. I've enjoyed it till the maximum in every race and even during trainings.

Thanks for the interview, Aude!


No comments:

Post a Comment