Saturday 6 March 2021

The Olympic Journey #1

 The Olympic Journey #1

Agua Marina Espinola is an ambitious young cyclist. At the age of 24, she's already the champion of her homecountry Paraguay. After she became one of the best riders on the national level, she also wants to make it on the international level. 2021 will be the year of Olympic dream. In these series you will be able to follow her on her Olympic Dream.This is how she experienced the first 3 months of the year.

 
 
My season started in January with a training camp. It felt like a little 'shock' to me because I had a little break after the national championships before. I felt that my team mates were already in a better condition but I gave myself 100 % and I enjoyed it in my way being around my old & new team mates. It was really nice to meet the staff again after that I didn't see them for almost a year.  

That motivated me to keep training. The team selected me for Strade Bianche and that made me feel really happy. It will be my first international race this season. I will be happy to finish at my best and enjoy the environment of racing again. It will be a nice opportunity to show my national colours in such an import race. The original plan was to start my season in the Setmana Valenciana but the race got cancelled.

The next races on my scheldule are in Belgium. I'm expecting a busy month in April and I hope to stay in Spain in May to ride some races over there as well. I'm happy and motivated to be in Europe so I'm looking forward to race and keep growing towards the Olympics, that is my goal this year and where I want to be at my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment