Wednesday 19 May 2021

The Olympic Journey #2

 The Olympic Journey #2

Agua Marina Espinola is an ambitious young cyclist. At the age of 24, she's already the champion of her homecountry Paraguay. After she became one of the best riders on the national level, she also wants to make it on the international level. 2021 will be the year of Olympic dream. In these series you will be able to follow her on her Olympic Dream.This was her classic campaign.

 

It’s been a tough time racing at a really high level all this time, and at the most challenging place for me; Belgium. I had the opportunity to line up for GP Oetingen, Dwars door Vlaanderen (on my 25th birthday) Ronde Van Vlaanderen, Scheldeprijs, Brabrantse Pijl and the Classics of Navarra.

Where my highlight was finishing my first Ronde Van Vlaanderen. But after that I couldn’t get the results that I hoped for,


I had to travel to Paraguay after my Belgium Campaign because I have to try to solve some problems with the Visa, and lost a bit the focus on training so when I came back for Navarra I was still tired from the trip and I didn’t perform as I wanted.


So, now I’m back in the Team hous, to try to focus on training again hopefully until Tokyo. I’m planning to do a Training Camp in altitude of three weeks to face my biggest goal this year. Even if my races didn’t went as I wanted, It have to take the good and definitely I got better in positioning, descending and technique, so, that gave hope to face Tokyo at my peak and to do a good race. I have a lot of support from my country and that’s motivates me a lot!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment