Saturday 5 June 2021

Interview Barbara Guarischi

 Interview Barbara Guarischi

Barbara Guarischi is a well known face in the biggest races of the calendar. She took part in both the main classics as the grand tours, to go for the victory by herself or to assist others on the road to the victory. she managed to win a Giro d'Italia stage outside of Italy itself and served Annemiek van Vleuten to her second victory in Flanders. The 30 years old rider from the north of Italy is racing now for Movistar in the Women's World Tour. A look back and forward on her carreer and how she experiences cycling.  

 

The season is halfway so far. How do you look back at the first part of the season?

Yep, season so far was pretty intensive, but full of satisfaction. I have still one month of few races and than I took a bit of holiday before the last part of the season.


What are your goals for the second part of the season?

Well in the brake We will put down the races I will do and than from there we will see, the goals that always is part of me is WIN (no matter who in the Team) and race as a Team.


This season, your Movistar Team has been very succesful, how does it feel for yourself to be part of the victory?

Yes , we started well so everything went by consequence. Like I said I like race as a Team and with heart, so far is what we are doing so I'm pretty happy to be part of this because is my philosophy in bike and in my life.


You also won some races yourself in the previous years, what is your most memorable victory?

Is always in my mind win but I also know what I can do and who is strong in the race, so If I have the opportunity I will go 100% if not, I'm still happy to help to win.

Maybe is to honest :) but is what it is.

Well every victory was memorable, the World TTT in Richmond was special, with a super amazing group and than the win in Ride London in the evening and the CDM in Germany was pretty nice, I win 2 races in less than 24h and I remember on the podium of Ride London one song was singing "you can be a heroes just for one day" so from that moment this is one of my favorite song :)

 

You've been racing in some of the most cycling passionated countries for years now. How does it feel to race without fans?

Pretty strange, was nice see people understand the situations we were and respect the special period we were and we are, but I hope everything will come to a normal life soon, everybody deserve to live their happiness in the respect of the rules.


How did you start racing? Who inspired you to get into the sport?

Well my dad and my brother were football player so nobody really push me, sometimes also with my dad we do a discussion because is hard to explain cycling, the emotions, the sacrifice you do if you never try.

I start just by the case, I was going to watch my brother play football and I saw some kids riding a bike and I ask my dad if I could try and thats how I started.


What are your favourite races?

100% Belgium/Holland races, any race in this country, this races have a mix of everything (luck,strength,ability in bike,head,team) this are the race I love most, than Valgarda in sweden is one of my favorite and a stage Race in Germany, Thuringen.


How do you deal with pressure?

Well you know what you can do, I mean everybody now arrive at the race with numbers set on the paper so, if you are nervous means you are not ready, but this calm become with the age.. and than yes of course in some race you take decisions that if 50/50% goes well or not, but a man always told me you have to risk to lose everything for win, so I'm always confident and have freezing blood without that other people saw me under pressure.


What do you wish yourself for the future?

Happiness and health, with this 2 thing you can make a beautiful life, so I hope to be lucky :)

No comments:

Post a Comment