Sunday 7 November 2021

Interview Itamar Einhorn

 Interview Itamar Einhorn

Winning ahead of Peter Sagan after receiving a lead-out of Chris Froome. Which young cyclist didn't dream of that? Itamar Einhorn made this dream come true and he didn't only show himself in Slovakia. He also sprinted to top 10 spots in the Vuelta and other international races. The young rider from Israel aims a succesful carreer in the Tour de France and the classics and with the support of Israel Start-Up Nation this might become true. An interview with  a rider who might become the first succesfull Israelian in the World Tour. 




You took your first pro win this year in the Tour of Slovakia ahead of 3 times worldchampion Peter Sagan. Is there any better way to take your first pro victory?

winning on the champs Èlysees ;)


You made your pro debut for Israel Start Up Nation. Your country has long been absent on the world stage of cycling. How happy are you to be one of the riders that put your country on the cycling map?

I am very happy. I knew it will come and I knew I will be the one to deliver it. I'm proud to be the one to show the Israeli flag to the world.


This year you took part in your first grand tour. How did you experience this?

I learned more about racing, racing in such a hard course day after day, making my engine and belief much bigger. Having two top 10 (5,8) I did a good job. after a rough season for me I could ride that way, The team was happy as well.

 


You're 24 years old now and you have a whole carreer ahead. What are your ambitions?

making an unforgettable career for an Israeli athlete, getting dozens of wins and especially to win races like TDF stages and classics like Gent wevelgem, Flanders and Milan san remo. Dreaming big and building the steps to reach it


You were racing together with Chris Froome this year. How was it to be in a team with a 4-times Tour de France winner?

When the team announced about Chris Froome to join the team I was really thrilled. Such a legend coming to race next to me. The day I won he was my lead out man together woth Krists Neilands, I never ever imagine a lead out from Chris, it made this win much more special. Sylvan Adams the owner is making such a good project and helping us making our dreams come true. 

 


You're a good sprinter, would you like to keep focusing on your sprints or would you like to score in sprint classics like Ghent-Wevelgem or Milano-Sanremo as well?

I think this days you can see riders who can do both in a great way, and I'm seeing myself as one of them, just some more time and experience, it will come


What is your greatest cycling memory?

seeing 10 years ago Mark Cavendish and Andre Graipel racing on the world championship, this crazy messy sprint was a shock for me, and a goal for me. I'm honored to had the opportunity to race with André for two years and getting into the pro peloton sprint when these riders which I saw on TV few years earlier are racing against me.


When did you start racing?

When i was 11 i started riding in my home town, MTB rides and some racing in Israel,

at the age of 13 I started to ride on the road and got much in love with the speed, as a Kadett when i was 15 I started to take things much more seriously, and racing also in Europe, from there every year I made a big step until I started to race as a WT rider!

No comments:

Post a Comment