Sunday 13 November 2022

Interview Szymon Sajnok

 Interview Szymon Sajnok

He was only 22 years old when he sprinted for podium spots in his first grand tour. Szymon Sajnok has the fastest legs in Poland now and would like to keep showing them in the coming years as well. After two years at Cofidis, the rider from Kartuzy will join the brand new Q36.5 team in 2023 and is ambitious to play his role within the squad. At the age of 25, it will start his 5th year in the pro peloton. An interview with an ambitious rider to look after in 2023.

The season is over. How do you look back on 2022?

The year 2022 was certainly better than the previous year, but there is no need to cheat that it was not a dream. Could be better


Next year you will join a new team, what is your ambition in this new environment?

I am very happy to join the new team with new motivation and ambitions. I would like to get good sprint results again!


You already booked good results as a young pro, how did it feel to be immediatly succesful in your first year as a World Tour pro?

there were smaller and bigger successes in the first year as a pro and it motivated me to keep working hard! Now I feel like I have the same and want to get back on top again


How will you spend this Winter?

I’m flying to Tenerife in a few days, then I have some time at home. But mostly I will be staying in Spain.

This season you also took part in some cobble classics. Do you enjoy this environment or do you rather fully focus on the sprint chances?

I really like paved classics, but I think I have a better chance in sprint, only some lighter classic in Belgium where there will be a sprint


You were part of the first Polish World tour team. What was the impact of this team on the sport in Poland?

The popularity of cycling has definitely increased significantly and many people associated the ccc team, so it certainly translated into the willingness of young people to start with this sport.


What are your interests outside the sport?

I really like playing chess and Counter-Strike GO 😁


Which success can we wish you on the bike?

I think some stage in the WT race and an Olympic champion

No comments:

Post a Comment