Friday 3 February 2023

Interview Kimberly Cadzow

 Interview Kimberly Cadzow

10 race days were already enough to convince Jumbo-Visma of her potential. Without much race rhytmn, Kimberly Cadzow climbed to the 5th spot on the Mont Ventoux. The 21 years old from New Zealand will make her World Tour debut this year. She can learn from the best because she will support Marianne Vos in some of the biggest races this year. Get to know the former thriatlete who fell in love with cycling life.

Last year you impressed many people with a 5th spot on the Mont Ventoux. How did it feel to do so well on one of the most mythical climbs in the sport?

It was an incredible experience that I will never forget! It was such a massive challenge but I enjoyed every moment and hope for more chances like this in the future.

 

You used to do triathlons, what made you enjoying cycling the most?

I think cycling is a sport where you get to see and experience so much nature. You can travel such long distances and see amazing places like no other sport.

 

Last year you took part in your first European races, how did you experience it?

I absolutely loved it. The cycling culture in Europe is incredible and until you experience it first hand it’s hard to describe. The racing here is on another level and nothing comes close anywhere else.

 

What do you expect of 2023?

In 2023 I expect to learn from my new team and develop my skills and confidence within the world tour peloton. I look forward to seeing what 2023 has in store for me 😊

 

 

 

What kind of rider would you like to develop to?

I don’t know we will have to wait and see what I become! Right now I want to enjoy this process

 

When will you start your race season this year?

I will be starting in mid February!

 

What is the biggest challenge for you as a starting pro cyclist?

Learning to ride in such large groups and technically as many of these skills only come with time on the bike.

 

You will race with the best cyclist ever (Marianne Vos), is she an idol to you?

She’s been a idol of mine for a very long time! She was such a lovely person to meet. I’m sure I will get to race with her this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment