Friday 3 March 2023

Interview Nafosat Kozieva EN

 Interview Nafosat Kozieva

Starting her season on the road with two top 10 spots in 2 European races. Nafosat Kozieva made a step forward again after a Winter on the track, The 24 years old rider from Uzbekistan is part of a new professional cycling project in her country. Uzbekistan is one of the most succesful cycling countries in Central Asia and she would like to grow together with her nation. Get to know her through this interview.

 

You're racing on road & track. Do you have a priority or you want to do both on a high level?

I like track racing better. But, you can't do it without road racing! They complement each other. For me, the priority is track racing. But, I want to do both at a high level.


You're racing for the Tashkent City team. Can you introduce your team?

I am competing for the "Tashkent city professional women cycling team". Our team opened in 2022. Our country went a long way to create a pro-continental team. We did everything as planned. Now we are working hard to further develop our team! I would like to emphasize that we are happy to see great attention to the development of women`s cycling in a Muslim country!


You're coming from Uzbekistan, known for the famous sprinter Djamolidine Abduzhaparov. He's still popular today?

Yes, I am from Uzbekistan. "Abdujaparov is a legend! To this day, he is called the "Tashkent Terminator" by everyone who asks me: Do you do bicycling? I say yes.

And immediately I get the following question in response: Do you know Abdujaparov? 😅 To this day, Uzbek people love him a lot).


Where will you race this year?

The main plans are the remaining 2 stages of the Nations Cup on track, which will be in Cairo and Canada. Asian Championships track, road. Asian Games track, road.

 

You don't have so many races in your home country. How does it feel for you to travel o much for cycling?

What can I say, I love it. But, it's very difficult 😅 flights, adaptation, time zone change, climate, food, water, all these little things are very interconnected. And there is no other way, you have to go for the goal you set! There is no easy victory, there is always another side to the coin )


We see much more cyclists from Uzbekistan, then from other Central Asian countries. Is there a reason for it?

There is no reason, there is a goal! So let's call it that. The goal we have set is a licence for the Olympics Paris 2023!

What are your personal long term goals in the sport?

To be one of the strongest racers in the world! On track and road!


Do you have a message for your fans?

Hehe ☺️ you embarrassed me, I haven't got to that level yet 😅 I will say a humble "thank you to those who are rooting for me. Love you 🫶"

No comments:

Post a Comment