Saturday 24 June 2023

Interview Erlend Blikra

 Interview Erlend Blikra

You might have noticed the outstanding yellow-red kits in the peloton in the past 6 months. Erlend Blikra is one of the riders who made them shine. The 26 years old rider is having his breakthrough year this season. The Norwegian sprinted to two victories and an uncountable amount of victories this Spring. Ahead of the Summer season, we round-up the past few months and look forward to what comes next. From racing near the Arctic Ocean to South East Asia. A look back- and forward in the career of Erlend Blikra.


It has been your best season ever so far. What made you set a step forward this season?

Past seasons I've been struggling with the continuity in my training, because of injuries and sickness. However, during the last year, I've had no setbacks, and the results of that have shown this season.


Your team uno-X also improves every year. How is the vibe within the team ahead of the Tour de France?

The vibe in uno-x is very good before tdf. We've had very good results lately, so the morale is high.


Hushovd, Kristoff, Boasson Hagen, you,... is there a reason for the big amount of succesful strong sprinters in Norway?

I don't know really. Where I am from we've had a big focus on sprinting and criterium-racing since an early age, so for me it's always been natural.

You showed yourself mainly as a sprinter. Would you like to keep focusing on this or would you like to improve yourself in other kind of races too?

My main focus going forward will be to keep improving as a sprinter. Both physically and the tactical aspect.


 

Your brother also raced. Did you learn a lot from him when you were a youth rider?

I learned a lot from my brother. In many ways I think it was easier for me, because i could follow in his footsteps. He has always been a big inspiration for me.


You raced in excotic countris like Malaysia & Saudi Arabia. Did cycling broad your horizon?

I really enjoy racing in countries outside Europe. I had a really great time in Malaysia especially, and I hope to be back there. I think being able to explore new places, is one of the most beautiful aspects of cycling.


Which kind of races do you dream of taking part in? or even to win?

I dream of winning sprint-stages at the highest level, in a grand tour.


What is the best organised race that you took part in so far?

Most races we do are well organized. Tour of Langkawi surprised me the most, being very well organized. I hope to be back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment