Monday 26 June 2023

Interview Tamara Dronova EN

 Interview Tamara Dronova

Before this season, she was known as one of the most consistent riders in the peloton. This season she also started to win her first big international races. Tamara Dronova combines being a mother with cycling on the highest level since 2021. She started her carreer on the track near Moscow and now rides to prominent results in the biggest classics and stage races on the road. The 29 years old riders tells you more about her carreer and how she became the rider that she is today.


 This season you won your biggest victories in your carreer. How did it feel for you?

I was very happy to win, and me and the team were all looking forward to it.


You're a very consistent rider. Do you have a secret to be so strong all year long?

I don't know what to say, I guess it just happens.


In 2021, you took part in your first World Tour races. Was it a big step after a few years in the continental circuit?

It was the most interesting adventure, and an unexpected decision of my life) which I don't regret now.


You grew up in a small town near Moscow. How did you get into cycling racing?

It was the most interesting adventure, and an unexpected decision of my life), which I do not regret now.


 

Is it sometimes dificlt to combine cycling and being a mother?

I am very lucky, I have a wonderful husband and mother who fully support me and help me out

You're in the best years of your carreer now. What are your ambitions in the sport?

I think it's a great time of my career and I hope it will be even better if things go well.


What was the biggest challenge in your carreer?

To change the line of work, from track to road, and to start a career after my maternity leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment