Wednesday 20 September 2023

Interview Jelena Eric

 Interview Jelena Eric

When you saw the Serbian colours in front of the peloton, you problably spotted Jelena Eric. The 27 years old rider is is already setting strong performances in the national champions' jersey since 2014. As part of Team Movistar she took part in some of the biggest races in the world. After a difficult Spring impacted by injuries, she had a  strong second part of the season with a stage win in  the Baloise Ladies Tour after an intense breakaway. Get to know a rider that is both fast in sprints and on hills. 

This year you won a stage in the Baloise Ladies Tour on an incredible way. What came t your mind in those intense final kilometers?

It was a very hard day and in the last km when we took off fighting for the stage I just thought I had to go all out as long as possible and hoped to still have that kick in the last hundred meters and it worked.


How do you look back at this season?

It was again a complicated start of the season for me, after last years injury on my shoulder i had to undergo a surgery and it took me a lot of time and effort to recover from it. So it was a challenging year and im very happy i could come back to my best level at this end of the season.


You're the only Serbian rider in the pro peloton. How did you discover cycling?

Well my brother used to race and my cousins too, so i come from Cubric cycling family and it was the way i got to know cycling.


You showed yourself both in flat and hillier races. What kind of races suit you the most in your opinion?

I consider i defend myself well in all kind of terrains, only long climb finishes are maybe not my thing haha. I give my best version when the course is technical and tricky.

 

What has been the highlight of your career so far?

I think the highlight was the Baloise Ladies Tour stage win this year


You're just ahead of your best years now. What are your ambitions?

The Olympics in Paris are definitely my big goal next year, and of course keep progressing on World Tour level and achieve a victory in one of the "grand tours"


What would you have liked to do for living if you didn't become a cyclist?

I was always very active so I think I would have competed in other sports or ended up working in something connected


How will you spend your Winter season? What can we wish you in the final months of the year?

I'm going to focus first on recovering from this hard end of the season and than start preparing for next year in area of Benidorm✌🏼 I think best wish is always to be healthy✌🏼

No comments:

Post a Comment