Friday 3 November 2023

Interview Ana Vitória Magalhães

 Interview Ana Vitória Magalhães

This season was one big journey for Ana Vitória Magalhães. She did start her first full season overseas and took her first national title. The now 23 years old rider finished her first grand tour and showed she's competivie against some of the best riders on the American continent as well. After an intense road season, she took time off for her other passions off the bike and to tell you about her year on the bike. A look back on the past season and an eye already on the next one.


Since 2022, you’re taking part in European races. How did it feel to move to and race in Europe as a Brazilian?

It was always a dream to race in Europe and be part of a team, of course on the beginning i felt i little bit scary, but you know, life is about grabbing the opportunity and making the most out of it.


This year you won your first national title on the road. How does it feel to wear this jersey for a year?

It feels amazing, since i turned pro, I wanted to take my national flag to the races in Europe, im really proud to be brazilian and wearing this jersey gives me a little extra watts, its reminds me of my roots.


It was your first full season on the road. How do you look back on it?

I’m really happy of how I developed this season, it was really about learning and putting the work day by day, i didn’t know what to expect, but on the end looking back im not the same cyclist from 8 months ago, so im really proud about that, I feel am in the right direction. Im not in a rush, i know where i wanna go, but it takes time to reach, so just focusing on the steps in front.



What are do you see as your strenghts as a rider?

Im still learning about myself as a rider, but i definitely like some punchy climbs :)


What brings 2024 for you?

Continue my develop as a rider and putting the work from this season to the next one.


What are your dreams in the sport?

Win races, Olympics, develop cycling in Brazil, return to cycling everything that its giving me and of course just keep loving what i do.


You finished ahead of big names like Sierra or Faulkner at the Pan American Games. How proud are you about this result?

Im not really proud about my result, because i know i could have done better, i guess its never about the result its about how you feel and if you feel you gave your 100%, and with how i was feeling on the race i was expecting a better result, but yeah, looking to the whole season, im proud to be racing with the big names, whose im a huge fan of.


How will you spend your vacation now? What are your biggest interests outside the sport?

Right now im with my family and friends having a good time. I like to watch soccer and cheer for my team “Fluminense” so, trying not to think so much about cycling and just disconnect.


No comments:

Post a Comment