Sunday 28 January 2024

Interview Valeria Valgonen

 Interview Valeria Valgonen


At the age of 20, she already won her first national tour. After debuting in her first grand tour, she continued in other World Tour stage races before finishing her season with the overall win in the Tour of Portugal. The young Russian rider would like to perform back on track & road in her new colours this season. The youngster from Saint-Petersburg is ambitious to show herself on the biggest championships in the coming years. Get to know her already better today.


Last year you won the Tour of Portugal and you did well in other hilly races as well. Is this your favourite terrain or you want to focus on other races too?

Tour of Portugal was the last race of the season with the Massi team, 5 stages were with different gradient. I like the flat races best, but I also like the short mountains


It was your first full season abroad. How did it feel for you?

Yes, it was my first season with a continental team, but it didn’t start from January 1, but from April 21.


How does your program look like?

In my country I mainly ride track, in Spain I completely switch to road racing


What or who inspired you to become a cyclist?

I never had a goal or a person who inspired me. I just really like the sport


What are your goals for this year?

My goal for this year is to meet a new team and continue my road season.


What are your long time goals?

To train, to race, to go to the European Championships.


Which suggestion do you have for organizations in the sport?

I really like how women’s cycling is growing, so I can’t think of anything new


How do you deal with success and dissapointments?

In my country I learned to deal with victories very quickly, on the podium you are a winner, as soon as you come down from it, life goes on, and about failures, my team and family help me


No comments:

Post a Comment