Saturday 13 April 2024

Interview Carl Fredrik Hagen

 Interview Carl Fredrik Hagen

From the continental level to the top of grand tour racing in one year. Carl Fredrik Hagen managed it in 2019. The Norwegian was the revelation of La Vuelta by finishing on the 8th spot. This season, he rides in the colours of Q36.5, where he wants to taste another success this year. In this interview, the now 32 years old rider talks in this interview about his own ambitions, his experiences and the changes in the sport. 


You finished 8th in La Vuelta before. How did you experience those 3 weeks?

That were three very hard and tough weeks. Physically but also mentally. But I impressed myself to be up there in the last week with good focus and good legs. I also had a good DS that told me what to do every day and do it simple.

Was it a specific goal for you before the race or did you even suprise yourself?


I had a goal to be top 20. So yes, that was a bit surprise for me :)


You made the step up from the continental level to the World Tour in one year. How was this step for you?

It was a big step in one way. It was a bigger team, more people, more races, higher level. But in the other way, I just continued to ride my bike and push the pedals. I also Rode pro races as continetal rider.



How did you see the sport evolve throughout your carreer so far?

The sport has taken big steps every year. Especially after covid in 2020. Equipment, the general fitness level and the tactics.


What would you like to improve in the sport?

sport in general: the safety. For me: be stronger in the climbs and more explosive.


What are your ambitions for this season?

WIN. And be up there for good GC results. And helping my team, Q36.5 Pro Cycling Team to sucess.


What is your role in the team?

GC leader and mountain/climber domestique. Depends of the race and plan for the race.


What is your carreer highlight so far?

8th. GC in La Vuelta


No comments:

Post a Comment