Interview Barbora Němcová

 Interview Barbora Němcová

The revelation of the national championships this weekend. At the age of 19, Barbora Němcová , suprised the world by taking her first Czech title. The teenager managed to stay ahead of some riders who have been victorious at the international level before. She became Worldchampion at the track as a junior rider and now takes her first national title on the road as an elite rider. Get to know her better and learn about her further future ambitions through this interview.

You recently became Czech champion. What does it mean ot you to wear the national colours for a year?

It really means a lot to me. In the junior category I never managed to win the Czech road champion jersey and I never thought I would be able to win the elite one. It’s a big step for my career and it moves me


As a junior, you already became Worldchampion in track cycling. What are your ambitions in the elite category?

In the junior category it was relatively easier than now in the elite. So at the moment I’m trying to keep improving and moving forward. Otherwise, in two weeks I have the European Track Championships coming up, which I’m really looking forward to, so we’ll see what this year’s Europe will bring.

What are your goals on the road?

Lately I’ve been focusing more on the road and my goal is to develop my career next year.


How has 2024 been for you so far?

So far this year has been quite successful for me. I had to do a lot of school in the spring because I had my final exams. Fortunately, now I’ve passed them and I can focus on my bike.


What are your favourite training roads?

I like to ride long training rides on undulating terrain.


You're racing for Team Dukla Praha. Can you tell a bit more about your team?

I have been riding for two years with the Czech team Dukla Praha. A few years ago it was mainly a track team, but lately we have been trying to go road races as much as possible. Thanks to our coach Milan Kadlec, we also get to some world tour races in program. Team Dukla Prague is just a girls’ team and we have a very good collective.

Which races do you dream to ride or win in the future?

I would really like to ride the Tour de France and of course it would be great to fight with the girls for the best position.


How does your family or friends support you in your sport?

My parents try to support me as much as possible. My dad introduced me to cycling when I was five and my sister also racing


Comments