Interview Romina Hinojosa

Interview Romina Hinojosa

Last year, she gained her first experience on European soil. This season, she's already booking her first big results there. Romina Hinojosa is coming from Mexico and want to be succesful all over the World. The 21 years old rider proved herself as a good climber. In this interview she tells about her journey, about how it changed her life and and how she sees her future.

How do you feel about your first big results in Europe?

It really feels incredible. I knew that the level would be high because last year I took part in the Tour de l'Avenir. When I decided to join the AR Monex team I knew I had to prepare myself as well as possible to be able to come and compete here in Europe. I also have suprised myself about my capacities. I motivate myself every day to push my limits.


You're a good climber. What are your ambitions on this terrain?

Honestly, I suprised myself in climbing this year. I always considered myself as a rider for all terrains but living in San Marino helped me to improve my climbing and to enjoy it more.


This year you set a big step forward? How did you spend this Winter?

Yes, my team AR Monexo has helped me a lot to compete and provided everything necessarily to compete in Europe. AR Monex is a multidisciplinary team that has trainers, nutritionists, psychologists and doctors. Being accompanied by so many people and they helped me to have a successful pre-season that has paid off so far. 


What are the differences between cycling in Europe and on the American continent?

Cycling is on another level in Europe. I like the cycling culture here. Being a cyclist is something admired and respected here. There are so many races and fans enjoying all that this beautiful sport has to offer. I love to see so many people on bikes


What are your big passions outside cycling?

Outside cycling I like to spend time with my friends and family. I'm a student of nutrition online at the University of Arizona in the United States. The truth is that I take very few subjects per semester in order to be able to practice cycling, which is currently my priority.


How do you feel about traveling the World for the sport?

I'm living the life of my dreams and I think that it helped me to get the results that I have. I sincerly enjoy this sport and everything that it brings to my life.


Which advice do you give to other young people who want to take part in this sport?

Enjoy the whole process. If you don't enjoy what you do, you won't get the performance you want and you won't feel that it was worth all the effort and sacrifice you put into the sport.


If you could choose to win a race, which one would you choose?

I would love to win the road world championship and wear the rainbow 🌈.




Comments