Interview Yurani Blanco

 Interview Yurani Blanco

At the end of the season, we can always notice a few riders who set a big step forward. This year, Yurani Blanco is one of the main revelations. The Spanish cyclist took her first professional victory for the first time in her carreer and collected many other close results throughout the whole season. The 26-years old rider will join the World Tour in 2025 and will try to make another step forward on the highest level. Get to know the rider from Mallorca already in this interview.

You won your first race this year. Can you describe your feeling when you crossed the finish line?

I felt a lot of happiness but also a great relief. I had been going through some very hard months psychologically and winning was like taking a weight off my shoulders.

How do you look back on your season?

It has been a pretty regular year. I have had several moments during the year when my health has not on my side, but many others when I have been able to give my 100% and enjoy the races!

You took part in your first Tour de France this year. Does this race feel different from other races on the calendar?

No doubt about it! The Tour has been the hardest race I've done so far. It's the most important race on the calendar and it shows. Everyone comes to the Tour at 100%. You need to know well in advance that you're going to race it for sure so you can prepare thoroughly.


What are your ambitions for next year?

To keep growing. Above all, to improve as a rider and see how far I can go in different types of races. The team will trust me in important races and I'm looking forward to be in them at my 100%, in terms of health and ambition.

How did you discover cycling?

My brother started cycling and I liked to see the atmosphere when I went to the races. That's how I started.



Your boyfriend, Xavier Canellas is a pro cyclist too. Do you ride together often?

Xavi Cañellas has been my partner for almost 7 years. He is a fundamental pillar in my life, he has taught me a lot and from him I have learned a lot tactically. Although we have very different trainings, we always try to balance some trainings and enjoy the work together. We also cheer each other on while the other does the races! 😂

What do you think about safety in the sport?

About safety... I can only tell you that cycling is a high risk sport. I am very aware of the danger on the road, for my part I always try to respect and even if it's a bright sunny day, I always go with my red rear light so they can see me well. The safety in the races, I think it could improve more... complicated laps, dangerous arrivals... that can be improved.

How will you spend the Winter season?

I'm going to spend it first at home, in Mallorca, with great enthusiasm because here we have a good temperature to train and that's much appreciated, it's not so cold. In December, there will be more work on the training camp of the team.

Comments