Monday 17 May 2021

Interview Janneke Ensing (EN)

 Interview Janneke Ensing

Many track cyclists take the bike for training but not all of them are succesfull in both sports. Janneke Ensing won silver on both national championships. Next to that, she's also succesful in international competitions. She won races and also took part at the worldchampionships. This season, she's racing for Team BikExchange. Today, a look back on more then 10 years in the peloton and on what is still ahead.


 

You're combining cycling & ice skating. How do you experience the switch between the 2 sports?

It's very nice to combine both sports. It keeps you fresh because you can do other trainings then only cycling. The games during the competitions are the same too, so that's also ideal.


You achieved your best results in the classics. What is your favourite one day race?

Strade Bianche


Recently you catched strong form in Spain, what are your ambitions for the next races?

The next race for me is in Thüringen, there I ride for the Dutch national selection. I hope to achieve good results for myself. My later scheldule isn't known yet.


You're in the peloton for more then 10 years now. What are your most beautiful experiences?

Victory in the last stage of the Boels Ladies Tour in 2017, participation at the worldchampionships (victories by Chantal & Anna)


You already took part at the worldchampionships, do you also hope to be in the selection this year on a parcours where you could serve the team or maybe even can play a role yourself?

I could prove my worth at the worlds but there are so many. The parcours isn't though enough for me. I'm rather hoping for the Euros. That's more my kind of parcours.


What are your ambitions in ice skating?

Becoming Dutch national champion on artificial ice and showing top classifications on the Weissensee.

 



Next year the Tour de France comes back on the calendar. What are the expectations and how would you like it to be yourself?

What I've heard is that it won't be at the same time as the men's race and that's unfortune for me. I hope that it will take at least one week and that everything will be included, a time trial, flat stages and mountain stages (mountain summit finishes).


Next to cycling and ice skating, you're also a dietist. Do you enjoy the variation in your life or it's sometimes hard to combine?

Yes, it's true that I'm working as a dietist and I love cooking. Unfortunatly I have too few time for that. It's nice to do something else then cycling and also to have a career out of cycling



No comments:

Post a Comment