Monday 2 January 2023

Interview Malwina Mul

 Interview Malwina Mul

Combining cycling in Summer and Winter became a rare phenomenon through the decades. The current generation brought it back and it inspired many young riders to do the same. Malwina Mul is one of them. After a top 10 at the Worlds road race, she almost immediatly jumped on her cyclocross bike for another strong campaign. The 18 years old Pole took part in her first elite races this Winter and will also do on the road next year. Let's summarize 2022 and enter 2023 together with her.


You finshed 6th at the Juniors World Race, how did the race & the far trip to Australia feel to you?

When I first arrived in Australia I was a bit sleepy but I adapted quickly. I had enough time to get used to the climate before the start. The race was exhausting, but I felt well. I was the only person from Poland, so I tried to ride economically and save as much energy as possible. All the time I rode with small group and finished 6th. I was overjoyed because it would have been a blind score before the start, but it hurts me that the silver and bronze medals were 14 seconds away.


One month later, you started your cyclocross campaign. How do you look back at the season so far?

I didn't have a long rest but I could breathe and regenerate my body I started the races calmly. When the season started in earnest, I started competing in World Cups in the national team.


Would you like to take part at the Worlds in January and do you have ambitions?

Yes, I really would like to. If I will start, I will do all my best and fight for the highest result. I don't have specific goal like top20 or beat someone. I just want to ride as well as it possible.

How do you perform on a high level all year long in 2 disciplines?

Well... I just love it. Often people ask me "aren't you tired of riding all year round?" but I can not imagine the year without cyclocross or without road. Of course, between the seasons I have time for rest, relax and prepare for new period. That's all.


What are your goals for 2023?

My goals are to start in World Championship in Glasgow and work properly in the new team. I would like to raise my cycling level and make my character stronger.


What are your favourite kind of races?

I love mountains. I like when it is steep and demanding but I can also find myself on flat roads. Besides, the higher you go, the views are more beautiful


What is the hardest part of cycling for you?

The hardest part of cycling for me is finding time for my the closest people. Athletes often have to leave home for long time or miss family events. I really appreciate that despite everything they are still with me and support me


What do you wish the world for 2023?

A lot of happines, loves and understanding for the other person

 

No comments:

Post a Comment