Sunday 30 April 2023

Interview Yelyzaveta Holod

 Interview Yelyzaveta Holod

Racing in the most beautiful sceneries while your homeland is in rubble. It's the complex situation that Yelyzaveta Holod has to deal with. The 19 years old Ukrainian is building on her cycling carreer and tries to represent her homeland abroad. She's now part of the development project of Israel Premier Tech Roland and participates regurarly with the elite team to gain experience and become a better rider. After mainly racing in Turkey, she's ready & motivated to also show her qualities in other parts of Europe and to tell you about herself in this interview.


It's your first year in an UCI team. What changed for you?

Last year I was in the Italian team in which everything was not going well, and the situation with the war aggravated my situation. But thanks to the fact that I got into the team, I have a chance to prove myself.


How would you describe the development project of Israel Premier Tech Roland?

I think that this is a very good project and gives young riders the opportunity to prove themselves and reach a new level.

When did you start racing and what was the most beautiful experience for you so far?

On the 29th I raced the reVolta, I tried very hard when I eliminated the attacks of other teams but at 90 km I got cramps I had to retire due to the time limit but when I found out that Claire Steels had won I was crazy with happiness. It seems to me that this is the most pleasant moment when the team works as a single mechanism and everyone is ready to spend all their strength to win.

How would you describe yourself as a rider?

I am still a very young rider and I need to gain a lot of experience, I am ready to train until I lose my pulse, learning to ride difficult distances. All for the sake of me becoming a valuable driver for the team and maybe even a leader.


Since last year, a war is going on in your country, how do you deal with this situation?

When the war started, I was in Turkey at a training camp, I was very worried about my relatives, because it was impossible to leave some cities because cars were being shot at.later I flew to italy to the team that I spoke about earlier. At first everything was fine, but soon they began to treat me and my girlfriend badly, we practically didn’t compete, we were helped by strangers, I was confused, I’m very young in a foreign country and I can’t go back home because it’s not, in as a result, I returned in the fall to Ukraine and trained.

It was very hard to train in winter because there was no light because of the attacks.I trained on a bicycle with a candle.Thanks to the support of my coach and the coaches of the national team, I was able to increase my desire to train.I hope no one will ever experience such a tragedy as my country…it's very hard .When I feel like giving up, every time I remember how many soldiers died so that I could live.I am proud of my country and grateful to every person who did at least something to support it

Which message would you like to share with people from other countries who would like to suppor your country?

I will leave a link to charitable foundations of Ukraine https://u24.gov.ua/uk 

What are your future ambitions as a cyclist?

I strive to grow to the level of a professional racer and adequately represent my country


Where can fans cheer for you this season?

I will represent the national team at the European Track Championship U23 and Road , my calendar always changes i can't say for sure

No comments:

Post a Comment